Tuesday, August 12, 2008

You've Got to be Kidding!

I thought that I already wrote this post? But I guess it got lost or something?! So here we go again.
Po got his stiches out last Friday, after 5 days of having them in. And then Saturday night, he was wrestling with HJ and it popped right back open! Next thing you know blood pouring out every where?! Deja Vu right? So Steve was at work and I called his mom to see if she could meet me at the Insta Care. It was dinner time and I was just about to start making some when this all happend. So I grabbed some cheetos & coco roos (nutritious I know) and ran out the door. So we were waiting in the waiting room for about an hour! (with the numbing gel on his head of course!) And my mother-in-law was saying that they sometimes don't restich popped stiches! That made me so nervous, he would have the biggest scare if they didn't patch him up again! So we finally go back & the nurse assisting the Dr, was the nurse who took out his stiches 26 hours earlier! And there was another nurse helping who recognized us, that helped the first time around! And my mother-in-law kept saying, that is not a good thing that they are starting to recognize you! Ahhh I know I know!
So any way the Dr starts to stich Po up again & just like before I was queezy. They did an interal stich (Po felt that one) and I was going to ralph all over the table! Ewwww, but I had to be strong for him...who BTW did not care they were stiching him up again. So he got 7 stiches this time around & he is keeping them in for 7 days this time! I keep planning days to go swimming, we may not swim again this year! And the Dr said that infection is twice as likely the second time around, I can't imagine going to a public pool....germs everywhere! I really wish this was over with, but it is just not ending! Porter seems to be happy that he has stices again, he loves showing EVERYONE! I am starting to think he did this on purpose?! I need to tell him that we can go and sit at the InstaCare and use the vending machine any time! But no more stiches! PLEASE!

4 comments:

The Frasers said...

When you have your boys, I see many more visits to the insta care. better buck up and get used to the hospital smell!

Melissa said...

They should have left them in longer...didn't you tell them Popo was wild? I'm sorry that happened. I would have puked everywhere for sure. Way to suck it up :)

Ashlee Garn said...

First of all, WAHOO! You have a blog! ROCK ON! :) Second, you're making me second guess wanting to have kids! LOL I better hope for girls at this point :)

Amy said...

It sounds like your next step will be to purchase a helmet! J/K We will teach "how to bbq and burn down your house in the process" and you can teach "how not to faint at the insta-care" for our next playgroup! Great pics and blog!