I was outside moving carseats around in my van, in preparation to pick up my friend and go swimming! And all of the sudden there is the man on a horse, trotting up my street! Both my kids were outside "helping" me of course. So I said look at the horsey! And the man said "Are you suprised to see me?" I said umm well kind of, but this is West Jordan and there are a lot of horses! So he comes over to my house & "parks" the horse right next to my van. And then he jumps off and says "I actually give kids rides up and down the street for only $2.00 per kid!"
SCARY! I was thinking HECK no, are you going to take off with my kid! But I was trying not to be rude, so I said well we are actually heading out here in a minute and I don't think my kids wanta ride! He asked both of them & they said NO thank HEAVEN! I was glad I did not have to argue with them, that they couldn't go! And then he said to Po, your mom can come too! And I am thinking, WHAT!? What kind of nasty guy are you? I'll just saddle up with this stranger and go for a horse ride! He just kept talking to me, saying all this crazy stuff?! " I usually take the horse out on Saturday and Sunday and give the kids a ride, but this Sunday I didn't do shhh.... umm I didn't do anything" Nice! I am pretty convinced that this guy was probably drunk and couldn't find his car keys so he got on ol' bessie here to roam around the neighborhoods! So he says well I better let you go, bye kids! He gets back on and goes up about 3 houses and then gets off to bum a smoke of the guys across the street! So I ran inside to grab my camera, to get a picture and I went inside my van and took a picture of the horse , in my neighbor's driveway!

Po kept calling the man a "cowboy" and the cowboy is the one in the orange hat! The funniest thing was, that on our way back home from NOT swimming, we saw him on his horse at the GAS STATION!! Po said mom look there is the cowboy and horse. And sure enough there he was talking to a mom and little girl! Can't this guy go away?! I have never seen him before & if I keep seeing him around I might have to call the cops or something?! He was creepy!
5 comments:
YUCK! That is super creepy! Thank goodness your boys said no :). If you see him again you should call the cops, just in case!....Hehe in response to your comment on my page, I remember when you went to Bear Lake with me too, it was fun :), and like 7-8 or more years ago!Chrissy just found out she was prego in mid July so she isn't very far along yet, and her hubby had school so he had to miss all the fun. Yay..Tomorrow or Wednesday I get to see you all. I am so excited, it's been way too long! :D
the drunkrider! i'm so glad i got to see him for myself in all his creepiness when we drove by the gas station. so much for it being safe to be out in your front lawn anymore! at least his horse didn't leave you any "packages" in the driveway!
What is our neighborhood coming to? No way will I open my door to any crazy kid-stealin' horse rider. Thanks for the heads up.
haha the way you talked about taking ol' Bessie out for a spin! That story just made me laugh out loud!
I can't believe I didn't get to see the crazy guy on the horse. Oh well, it made for a great story.
Post a Comment