Steve & I LOVE a good margherita pizza. And our favorite place to have a nice
authentic Italian pie, is Cafe Galleria- in Midway. We stumbled upon that place
a few years back & can't get enough!! So a couple weekends ago, we planned on going up there for lunch. But the weather changed our plans! Stupid snow.
So we decided to try out Santa Monica Pizza. The waitress came over to get our orders and this is how it went:
Waitress-"Hello, welcome-do you have any questions about our pizzas?"
Steve- " I see that you guys have a margherita pizza- that is my favorite kind. But my favorite place to get one is in Midway- and I know that your pizza will just disappoint me"
Me- turning red & so embarrassed!
W- "Ummm okay?!?? What kind do you want to try tonight...."
After she took our order- I told Steve that he was SO mean! I would NEVER say anything like that!!
When she came back- she had a child size margherita pizza for us to sample. She said that she could not pass up a good competition!! I was shocked! His blunt honesty, got us a free pizza!! And a really good one, at that!! As we both tried the pizza we were impressed- and I said, you really owe her an apology!! We were glad that she brought us that sample- I don't think we would have EVER ordered one! And now- we can just go up the street to get a taste of a yummy margherita! It is NOT as good as the one in Midway, but it is a very close competitor!
1 comment:
LOL...Wow, I would have been so embarrassed too, I could never say anything like that (especially in fear of having spit end up in my food!). At least you had a good-humored waitress with some competition in her :).
Post a Comment