Monday, March 14, 2011

baby on board

I have seriously lost my mind....but that is nothing new for me! When people ask me when I am due- I almost say May. But then I think, ohhh wait- I am not due until July. ha ha ha
Then they say, WOW its gonna be SOO hot & you are going to be Soo miserable. Yes, I know- thank you! :P

But then I think July might not be so bad.....even though May is a nice month to have a baby- I already had a baby in May and of course my birthday is in May....I don't want that month to be too crowded right?!

And June is a good month too, not too hot- BUT then I would have a birthday in April, 2 in May and 1 in June- thats a little too much for me- so lets just skip June & go to July!
Yes, I will be hot, yes I will be miserable...BUT I have a nice cool basement, A/C and Popsicles!! :)

I also really did NOT want to be pregnant for our Disneyland trip, this past September!!
( since I had been pregnant the last 2 times I went to Disneyland ) So I guess you can't have it all!! :)

Maybe I am just trying to convince myself that July is a good month- but there is not a lot I can do about it now!! ha ha ha


Here are a couple pregnancy stories...


This past weekend, Steve and I went out shopping for a new mattress. Ours is SUPER old, it was old when we got it over 8 years ago. Any way I have heard good things about Ikea's mattresses, so we went there. We started sitting/laying on some mattresses & then one of the sales associates came over and asked-
-how much longer do you have?!
me- in the store?
her- no, in your pregnancy...
me- oh, right?! Umm I am due in July
her- so about 4 more months
me- yep

She then went on to recommend that we wait about a month-month & a half before we get a new bed. Because Ikea has a 90 day love it or return it guarantee. She said that it would be best for me to be pregnant & NOT pregnant during that 3 month window. She told us that many pregnant woman have come in & purchased a new mattress, then when they get home from the hospital, the mattress was not very comfortable to them any more! It was funny when she was telling us, NOT to purchase a bed- she kept looking around to make sure her manager was not around! ha ha ha
But she just kept talking- she said: let me show you how to sleep at night....Put a pillow here, pillow here....do this...do that....blah blah blah...finally I said- yeah this is my FOURTH pregnancy & I am not quite at the uncomfortable stage yet, I am good..thanks though!? Gotta love it when people want to tell you ALL the stuff, they THINK you need to know about being pregnant! :P







I took my 3 kiddos to get their picture taken together on Friday. I guess they were running behind, so we had to wait for 10 minutes or so. While we were waiting, the photographer was discussing some options/poses for the kids. Then she said- we could do a picture with your cute pregnant belly! I was like ummmm...we'll see. So we are taking pictures...my kids are acting crazy as usual & Kenz is NOT smiling at all!!

Then the lady said, lets have Mommy come lay down on the ground...for some pregnancy pictures. She asks me if I want to lift up my shirt, and expose my stomach...ummmmmm NO!
So I lay down & then I said, well now I don't look pregnant any more, just fat! But apparently she thought it was fine & starts draping some black fabric around my stomach, and this makes Kenz freak out & cry. So she lays in front of me and I have my arm around her. The boys sat behind me and put their hands on my stomach. So the photographer starts taking pictures & she keeps saying- this is SO precious, this will be a family keep sake FOREVER! She takes one last picture of Hj kissing my stomach & Po looking at him, like he is nuts!! ha ha ha
So we go out & look at all the pictures. And the belly pictures are horrible! She totally CUT off my head!! So you can see my neck & chest...Kenz laying on me with my arm around her....some black fabric & a white circle with hands on it. Its so confusing and makes no sense!!?? Like I thought, it does not even look like a pregnant belly & it was just all awkward! I am pretty sure the photographer was offended that I did not purchase any of these pregnancy pictures, she kept saying- all 4 of your kids are in this picture, its so great!! Yeah- not quite lady...sorry



I have been trying to get my pictures online, to show you...but it is not working.






I thought maybe it would be more like this....with the kids standing around my stomach....






But it was more like this, except not as cute and with my head cut off & fabric laying around with some kids, not knowing what was going on!

2 comments:

Joanna McGuire said...

You crack me up, people sometimes talk way too much. Those pictures were probably so awkward, I would be so annoyed. I can't wait to see all of you guys on saturday and catch up.

Amy said...

Tee-hee! I love that belly story!