This was our first stop on our trip. The kids did pretty good in the car on the way down & we made it to our hotel and considering the hotel was $39 bucks- it was a pretty big/nice room! (Wednesday)
Steve's brother lives/works in Vegas 5 days a week. So we went & visited him (Thursday), then he took us to his work- where he is a pilot, for a small company and we looked at an airplane that was getting some work done. The boys LOVED IT! They could climb in the plane & see all the controls, it was fun.
These planes were kind of old & pretty small, I don't think I would be paying 200 bucks, to get in one!!
Then we drove to Santa Monica- not the most pleasant drive in the world, the kids were crazy & the traffic sucked....but we made it!
The next morning (Friday) we picked up my parents who just flew in & we went to Santa Monica Pier! We walked around the Pier for a while, then we had lunch a Bubba Gump Shrimp & Company! I do not care for seafood- but my hubby likes it & hey it was my parents treat! It was fun. Then we headed down to the beach, my boys were SO excited, it was their first time at the beach & they couldn't wait any more! They had such a fun time playing in the waves and building things with the sand! We were sad to leave, but it was time to take Steve to the airport! We dropped him off ( he needed to come home & work for the weekend!)
And we headed to Valencia. And we were in traffic for the whole 2 hour journey! Thankfully my kids were tired from the beach & slept most the way. So I was driving, my Mom was in the front navigating & my Dad was in the back with the kiddos! So I had warned my Dad, that if the boys needed to pee- he would have to help them a little bit with the empty water bottle! So about an hour into our drive, Hj starts whining & moaning- I thought I bet he has to pee! So I asked my Dad to get him out of his car seat & help him go to the bathroom. Well my dad had a hard time getting him unbuckled! And Hj was almost screaming, it was URGENT!I thought for sure he was going to pee is pants! My Dad was getting so frustrated! I felt bad & my Mom thought it was hilarious! So Hj finally gets out, goes to the bathroom in the bottle and says, I am all done Gramps. Then Hj proceeds to pee a tiny bit on the seat & suitcase! YUCK. So my Dad is wiping that up and getting him buckled up again. THEN Po says, I need to pee too! My Dad was like WHAT?! HA ha ha! Po, was much better about peeing in the bottle & he did not need much help and he did not make a mess! Ohh man, my Dad was so ready to be out of the van!!
Cat Woman & Kenz!
These 2 were on the Pier, and the woman kept saying " Come take a picture with cat woman & Oscar, from Sesame Street!" ( in a Russian sounding accent!)
We are getting the pictures with them & cat woman says- "We do accept tips!" ha ha okay, here is a buck!
Its almost like Kenz is saying- Granny look at those half neked people with all the colors all over their body!
This is their sea monster that they made!
There were Asians all over, taking pictures of Kenz! It makes me LAUGH!
Steve had fun burying his feet!
5 comments:
Looks like you guys had fun!..I so miss Cali! So funny that they were taking pictures of her lol, I think I would be a little flattered, but also a little creeped out. And your below post is so sweet too. I think Mike would die if he had to help a child pee in a bottle and it got messy LOL. I give your dad props :D
I run into Cat woman every time I'm on a pier! hahahaha That's so funny that kenz ended up being one of the major attractions for so many tourists! hahaha
I love the pictures, my fav is the one of Kenz and Mom, so funny! Love the story with Dad, but you left out my favorite part ;)
Haha! I can't believe you made your boys pee in a bottle and made you dad help them do it! My dad would have been like Heck NO!!!hahaha
Post a Comment