Monday, October 4, 2010

the 4-11

At Po's school, they have a system with the kids usuing cards. All the kids start the day with a green card & if they get in trouble, they pull their green card out & replace it with a yellow one, and then if they get in trouble again-they replace it with an orange card. Each time there are different consequences invovled. I thought this was going to be a great thing for Po. But he has pulled his green card pretty much EVERY day since he started first grade. Steve & I try to help him and we tell him all the time not to pull his green card.

So today- after our LONG trip, he came home from school & said "Mom I pulled my green card today" I told him that it made me sad! Then he said, "Hopes don't always come true!" WHAT?!? He explained- " Mom your hope for me, not to pull my green card- will never come true!!"

6 comments:

Joanna McGuire said...

Funny boy, what a little stinker.

Amy said...

LOL! Brutal honesty for a 6 year old! Get used to disappointment mom, sheesh!

Laurie said...

Hehe, he is so funny! I bet if "Kids Say the Darndest Things" was still on tv, and he went on it, he would have some hilarious things to say.

The Frasers said...

That is probably the funniest thing I have EVER heard!

mintifresh said...

Looks like it's time for you to lower your expectations hahahaha

Nikki said...

Lee said he remembers those days when he would get his green card pulled everyday. He said he had no hope then either. Lucky for him they don't have green cards in 8th grade ;) Some boys just like to talk.