My WHOLE family went, all my siblings, their spouses & kiddos! There were 21 kids & 14 adults! So my parents wanted to take the grand kids around the park in small groups. So we split up the kids into 3 different groups-and my parents & one other couple took the kids around on rides for a couple hours. The kids LOVED being with Granny & Gramps and going on rides with cousins- their same age! :)
The first ride we went on was Soarin Over California! Po was too short last time to go on most of the big rides, so this time around he was so NERVOUS! It was like a flashback to my own childhood! I would complain, cry & whine the WHOLE time in line & then LOVE the ride after we got off. And this is exactly what Po did! So he was crying in line for Soarin & I kept telling him that he would LOVE it, and of course he did!
None of us could believe how HOT it was that day. We almost bagged it & went back to our houses to swim. But we stayed & endured the heat. Sometime after lunch somebody finally looked at their phone to see the temp and it was 109 degrees! YIKES, no wonder we were all beet red & dripping with sweat. Turns out that day was a record HIGH for the area, with a high of 111 degrees & 115 in LA! CRAZY weather!
We had a fun day together & after a yummy dinner of ribs @ the Taste Pilot- we went on some more rides.
My sister-in-law Meradith had never been on the Tower of Tower. So my other SIL Mycah, my brother Jake & myself took her on the ride. I had not been on Tower of Terror in like 10 years, so I was a little nervous. But Meradith was SO nervous & scared! I admit it was entertaining to see a grown woman freaking out about a RIDE! We were loading into the elevator & there were some little kids not freaking out as much as Meradith, the ride attendant was a little annoyed at us making such a fuss! It was so awesome seeing Mer's face as we reached the top & the doors opened up! ha ha ha She was SCREAMING!!
After the park closed, my Dad and my brother-in-law Weston, went & picked up Steve from LAX! SO nice of them, to drive there & pick him up for me! :)
Here are most of the grandkids with Lightning McQueen & Mater! I love Jenna's face- in the front row, she is so tough!
Not sure who this is?! Kenai? A bear from "Brother Bear", ha ha ha! Kenz was so happy to wave at him & say hi- but she did not want to be close to him!
HIGH FIVE!
So cute-hugs! Po's face is all red, because its so hot & it was like 10am!
the watering HOLE! We were SOO hot, it felt good to run in the water a little bit!
I don't know what Army dude here, is telling my boys- but he has their attention!
He was more like melting plastic, then an "action figure" HA HA HA
I thought this was a cute idea, but you can't see all that well threw the shiny plastic
Hey, Howdy, HEY! Hj LOVES Woody!
Hj & Brianne on King Triton's Carousel
Po! And if you look around in the background, you can see my family-Jake, Maya, Meradith, Ches, Bella & Brianne!
Kenz LOVED this ride! :)
Cute lil Otter
**The picture above of Po- he has an Honorary Citizen badge that we all got when we got to the park that day. Any way, I was letting him play in the fountain by the carousel earlier in the day & 2 park employees came over to him. I though he was in trouble, but they just started talking to him:
Employee- What did you do to get that Honorary badge?
Po- looking confused, looked up at me
Employee- Did you save Mickey from a crashing plane? Were you a hero?
Po-no?? looking so confused!!
EM- what did you do?
Me- we just got the buttons, we did not do anything special?!
EM- Ohhh, well what was your favorite ride, little boy?
Po-The Jumpin Jellyfish!
EM- I like that ride too- here is a pass for you & 5 friends to get right onto
the Jumpin Jellyfish, without waiting in line!
Po-Thanks!
I thought it was totally random! We never ended up using the little ticket thing, I think
it was like a flash pass that you could use, only on that day! But the look on Po's face was priceless as he was trying to figure out what on EARTH this lady was talking about!
4 comments:
I don't know how we had FOUR extra adults....there are 6 siblings, each married, to only one person( our last name isn't Brown and we don't live in Lehi). So, 6 + 6 =12+ 2( Mom and Dad)=14. Correct me if I am wrong, but it was 14 adults and 21 kids! :)
I mean TWO extra adults :P
So...for some reason I just barely noticed that you posted my much anticipated Disney post! I don't know why my page didn't update you like it does the others right away...but I'm glad I saw it! I LOVE Disney! Seriously...I could live there. It looks like you guys had fun :). I wish I was there right now. I HATE the Tower of Terror. Worst ride ever. I refuse to go on it...but somehow, I always end up in line and then screaming my guts out as I am dropped who knows how many times. I really hate that ride :). Love the pictures!
Cute pics! Looks like you guys had a great time.
Post a Comment