So we had an interesting night last night. Po woke up crying in the middle of the night, saying that ants were crawling all over him. I wiped down his bed and him & made sure there really wasn't some unwanted creature in there. Well he slept in my bed for a few hours any way. So about 6am I took him back to his bed. Then HJ came into our bed, it was so fun! Then around 8am, Po comes in with the best pouty face & he said I had a dream that we bought some AWESOME toys, so lets go and buy them. Steve and I are trying not to laugh at him, and then he says umm also in my dream I went to the movies, so lets go! Steve and I couldn't hold back any more, we started laughing and Porter got mad and layed on the floor. Sorry Po, but you are so silly!
Also Po has been telling so many lies lately! It drives me nuts. He makes up the craziest stuff too, something that could not possibly be true. For Example: He was on my bed having a snack and watching a movie for quiet time and HJ is asleep next to him. And the next thing I know, his snack is scattered ALL over my bed and room.
I said Po why did you make a mess?
But mommy, it wasn't ME!
Then who did it?
HJ did!
HJ?! He is asleep?!
Well he woke up then spilled my snack and then went back to sleep!!
Ummmm I don't think so!
Well that is what happend mommy
Don't Lie Po!
So yesterday I gave him a cookie and I said please eat it in the kitchen. Then I see him taking off downstairs with the cookie. I said Stop Po, stay up here. He hurry and shoves the cookie down his shorts and says I don't have it! Arrgggg!! Yes you do , stop the lies! Come back up here and leave the cookie on the table please. So he comes up with the cookie stuffed in his shorts and I say give me the cookie! He still says he doesn't have it! So I went to rip it out of his shorts and he says okay okay...I have the cookie! I said Po you need to stop all the lies, if you keep this up they will put you in jail when you are bigger. Then he starts crying and says well what will I get to do in Jail?! And I don't want to go to jail now! Then I felt bad and told him that he was not going to jail, but he needs to tell the truth! We will see what happens!
4 comments:
Ha! I was laughing through the stories of the lies...Kaylie is only 2, and she does it already too...well, she did, it's a phase thing for her...she would say that she was poopy in the middle of the night, so we would get her out of bed, lay her on the changing table, and find out no, there was no poop... she did this for a couple weeks...needless to say, it was soooo frustrating!
As far as hanging out, yeah, I want to...I wanted to come to the zoo last wed, but my friend came into town...We can go wherever, I wanna goto Village Baker again, that's the only one in town!!! We can trade off, hopefully there's lots more sunny days...not like today!
mar is 4, she lies a lot too. i am trying to teach her that taking the cookie down stairs is breaking a rule, not obeying too, but lying is the worst part and that is why "you now have to go to time out." i actually have to let other things go somewhat unpunished right now in order to stress the importance of telling the truth. I will not tollerate lying.
Plus i always heard those stories in primary about the child who decided to tell the truth and then didn't get in as much trouble because of it. i vowed to be that kind of parent cause when i was a kid you got punished pretty hard weather you told the truth or not. so there was no good reason for telling the truth!
Hahaha that is so funny :)...I can't wait until I have kids to tell funny stories about even if it is frustrating in the moment! :)
Ok, I know it's naughty...but that's a really funny story! :)
Post a Comment