Tuesday afternoon, I got a phone call asking me if I wanted to participate in a focus group the next day (wed) and get paid over $200.00?! Umm okay? I qualified and said I would call them back if I could find a babysitter for my kids, because it was an ALL day event. After finding places for my kids to go, I called them back and told them yes I could come. I needed to be there at 6:30am! WOW I think the last time I got up that early I was going to deliver my baby:) Any way Tuesday night, me and my boys went to Andy/Mycah's place for dinner and they were so nice and let my boys sleep at their new apartment. So we had dinner and then we took the boys to play on the playground. And OF COURSE Po hits his mouth and has a fat lip. I told them I would stay there until my kids fell asleep, they were so tired I thought I would be outta there by 10pm for sure. Po didn't fall asleep until 11pm or so, I finally left shortly after.
I needed some milk and I had neglected to get it the past 2 times at the store. I stopped at the store and got some milk and oil. I checked my van's oil level & the fluids at 11:30pm in the vacant parking lot! It was so FUN! So I went home and I did not go to bed until after 1:00am! OYE! So when the alarm went off at 5:45am, I knew it was going to be the LONGEST day! I got ready to go (thanks Krista for letting me borrow some "business casual" pants) and I was off & on the road before the sun came up. I would have gotten there on time, but I actually passed the hotel I was going to and had to make a U turn. So I go up and the lady signing people in, tells me that she does not have my name down on the paper & she asks if I was called yesterday, I said yes. So I went and sat down and started filling out my paperwork & I was sitting next to this girl who looked JUST LIKE Taylor Swift, it was crazy! Any way the lady called my name and some other people(including the Taylor Swift look alike) and asked us if we had any paper work from the company & I was the only one who hadn't printed anything out! She was about to let me leave, unpaid. But I just told her who I had talked to & that it was kind of late in the evening when I agreed to come and blah blah blah. She let me stay. By this time it was 8am and we were running behind schedule because it was suppose to start at 7am.
Any way the lady informs us that there are only 36 places and there are 40 people in the room. She read some names off and a number with their name. I did not get a number and she had me and a couple others come up. She gave us our checks and said we were free to go home! FOR REAL!! I was SHOCKED and so happy! I got paid over a 100.00 an hour to sit and write a couple things and read a page or two of "Eclipse". So me and this other lady who got to leave were in the elevator. And we are grinning ear to ear and then she said....we are both wearing red sweaters and we both have our Twilight books! AWESOME!
So I called my sister Becky to tell her she didn't need to pick up my kids & she couldn't believe I was outta there before 8:30 and with a check! I could't believe it EITHER! So I decided I was going to go to the bank and then go shopping!!!!! I went and ran some errands that would be so much easier with out kids! It was nice to be alone & have time to myself and have the radio blasting! :) Around 11:30 I went back to my brother's place and suprised them! I said lets go to LUNCH! I was sooo hungry, I had a small bowl of oatmeal at 6am and I was starving. So me and my brother and my kids went down to Village Inn. It was yummy. Me and Andy made quite the pair, I was dressed up buisness like and Andy had a T-shirt, jeans and a hat on. My kids were wearing their "My Parents are Exhausted" shirts. We were a crazy combo!Andy said it looks like we were a little family and I was the working mama and Andy was the stay at home dad or something. And Po looked like an abused child with his scar on his forehead and his fat lip. And Andy said, it looks like we beat up our kids and then we brought them down to Village Inn to make it up to them! Hahahahaha. Me and my boys had french toast! yum.
It was a crazy day!
6 comments:
That is a crazy day but nice that you got some money for doing nothing. I am glad you got to get out for awhile without any kids that is always nice.
Lucky lucky. It's good they paid you to get up so early.
Hooray for free money!
Lucky! Awe I want to make $200 for waking up at 5:45 a.m.!!Seems too good to be true. Wish more things like that would come around eh? hehehe
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
k so I know I'm way behind on commenting on this, but that was the funniest blog ever!!!!
Ha ha ha! married to the little bro eh? How do I get in on that easy money yo? :)
Post a Comment