Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Steve

Yesterday, the 7th was Steve's birthday! Saturday night I left the boys with my mom and met Steve back at home and I asked him what he wanted for dinner on Sunday? He said what is special about Sunday?? I just kept looking at him and then he said Its MY BIRTHDAY! Then he said WAIT...am I going to be 30?? Nope, you will be 29! Well, neither one of us was hungery, so we decided to go buy Steve some birthday gifts. We went to JCPenney's and he got spoiled! He got a new dress shirt, 2 new ties, a new belt (which turned out to be the wrong size!!) jeans and some shoes! When we were checking out & I saw the total I said HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Then we got some groceries and a root beer freeze and picked up the kids!


On Sunday Steve got some unexpected gifts, like we were on time for church! (a true miracle) and the boys were really great during sacrament! :) He got another gift that he really liked, a nap after church! And while he slept, I cooked his birthday dinner. The night before we chose a pork loin already marinating and some corn on the cob! They both turned out really yummy! ( I was surprised!)

Then it was time for cake! Steve LOVES angel food cake, so of course that is what I made. Yummy cake with fresh strawberries and fresh whipped cream! IT WAS SO GOOD! Hope you had a great birthday babe! WE LOVE YOU!!



4 comments:

Melissa said...

How fun, happy birthday, Steve! What a cute family. And a cute wife. I'm glad that you guys had fun on your 'date'. It sounds a lot like ours, we always seem to end up grocery shopping or at Wal-Mart, just running errands without the kids-it is so much more enjoyable without anyone crying or begging for something!

Joanna McGuire said...

Happy Birthday to Steve!!! I am glad he had a wonderful birthday thanks to his wonderful wife. That cake looks yummy, you want to bring me one.

This Place is a Disaster! said...

Happy Birthday!
So, to the point - yes I am still collecting white dress shirts, as long as it is still up on the blog, I will be doing it!

Krista S said...

I love the picture of Steve-o sleeping. Poor guy needs like a trillion naps to make up for all the time he's been working. And then you need like a zillion naps for all the time you've been a married widow. Do you like all my big math terms?? Looks like his birthday turned out very nice. Good job!!!!