Friday, April 2, 2010

My love & hate relationship!

Apparently my family & I have serious ISSUES with stoves. We go through them like underwear! Most of ya know my stories...we broke our first one, but it was old so I did not think much about it. Then we got a new ceramic top one....LOVED IT! But my hubby burned all the new packing material inside of it, then Po set a feather duster on fire inside of it. And finally my hubbs broke the ceramic top! So we have a 3rd oven now. And I (ME!!) started the burner on fire!! Some milk had boiled over a few nights before....that I was about to clean up, but never did! Ooooppppps
So I am trying to get some water boiling & next thing I know its in flames! The burner underneath was on fire! The pot was covered in flames....mind you this is an electical stove!! I tried to blow it out & that was not working.....so I yelled down to Steve....FIRE FIRE FIRE! I run back over and started blowing on it again, I was just about to get a lid to smoother it when it went out! Steve comes running up.... thinking our WHOLE house is on fire!! I say ohh never mind, I got it out!! Ha ha ha, poor guy probably had a heart attack! Maybe we have SO many issues with our stove because we use it so much!! But who knows?

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Hahaha...I know thats not really funny, but in a way it is....hopefully it was just minor so you can make this one last!

This Place is a Disaster! said...

Blowing on fires makes them bigger.

didn't you learn that at girls camp!!!!!!

mintifresh said...

Dude! Between you and the Roskelley's I'm thinking I need some fire insurance! hahaha ;)

Amy said...

I know that paniky feeling!!

Maybe you could burn Mindi's kitchen down for her when she doesn't want to do dishes anymore!!

Ashlee Garn said...

I know it's not an electrical fire, but no baking soda around? You nut, you do have GREAT luck with ovens :) I know it's not a good thing, but if it's any consolation, it's great entertainment for your blog readers :)

The Larchars said...

WOw! That is not fun! I always worry that i'm going to start a fire when I spill food in the stove burners. Luckily I read to put baking soda on it once, so when my mom caught hers on fire I was able to help out. She just stood there in a panic.

That's expensive "underwear" by the way!

Becky said...

Hahahahahaha! I'm sorry I am laughing sooo much!!! I could just picture it all happening! The sad thing is I have caught my bunner on fire so often, it doesn't even get me panicked anymore! I did freak out when a small grease fire happened inside my oven a few years ago! I thought my house was going to burn down! Maybe this is a family trait?! :)