Wednesday, May 27, 2009

She is HERE!

Of course, you have to get the new family hospital picture! Too bad its not a good one of any of US!
My little girl was so swollen! It must have been such a hard delivery for her....she had blood vessels in her eyes pop...so her eye balls were all red!
This picture cracks me up....my nephew took it! I was doing surprisingly well after her delivery!
LOVE this picture, HJ is checking out Kenz' bellybutton and Po is trying to find his own!! HA HA HAI am posting this picture, because now it makes me laugh. But this was right after she was born, we are actually still in the delivery room & I am nursing her for the first time. Any way things weren't looking so good for me & the nurse kept coming in and pushing on my stomach and it HURT SO BAD! So I was feeling like I was ran over by a truck & Steve decided to snap a memorable photo!! Hahaha
She was not HAPPY! You can see some of that white stuff on her back! She was covered in it & I am convinced that it helped her slip on out!!
Here she is only moments old!



Our little girl is now here!! Hurray....here are some details about her arrival:

We scheduled to be induced on Saturday the 23rd. They called and set up a time for us to come in: 5:00AM! Yikes! Well we get to the hospital at 5:15 & they said, you are not suppose to be here! They said we could stay in a room until the day staff came & they would figure out what to do with us! :P So 7am rolled around and a nurse came in and got us registered and got things going.
I got the pitocin at about 8:30am and then my Dr broke my water at 9am. I really wanted to go natural again with this delivery. For those of you who don't know, I had an epidural with my first baby and I didn't like it, I didn't think it worked that great. So I went natural with my second & I delivered REALLY quick! So I wanted to go natural for as long as I could this time around. I was trying to be really great with my breathing and I tried not to swear ( which I had done with my last delivery!)
So I progressed REALLY quick...dilated to a 3...5....7.....9... Time to Push! I was having a hard time & didn't think I could go on!! She finally came and she was HUGE! No wonder it was so much harder!! My little baby was 8lbs 14oz! She was born at 12:09pm......3 hours after they broke my water!! She also had A LOT of that white stuff all over her! All down her back & bottom, in her elbows and knees.....I think that made her come out easier! So now it was time for the after birth.....and that didn't go as smooth either! There were a lot of complications & Steve almost passed out because of all the blood. He had to lay down, he was so pale!! Anyway, trying not to be too gross.....but I didn't stop bleeding like I was suppose to & I was really scared, I was loosing a lot of blood. Finally they got everything under control and we were able to go to the recovery room.
I couldn't believe (still can't) that I had such a BIG baby...with out any medication!! I was so glad she was OUT and healthy!! And she had quite the appetite....she would not stop nursing!!
Well we came home Sunday night around 8pm...I could not stand to sleep or sit in that hospital bed any more. My poor, poor tail bone STILL hurts! But she is a really great baby. She is pretty calm unless she is hungry!! I hope she stays this calm....I really need a calm baby! :)

Kenadie Kate (Kenz)
8lbs 14 oz 20 1/2 inches


I am having a REALLY hard time loading up pics......They are coming I PROMISE!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay Kenadie! We love her, we are so happy for you guys!

Krista S said...

She is beautiful!!! Congrats!