Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day at the Park

My sister-in-law, Melissa invited me and the boys to join her and our friend Lisa at the park today. I almost didn't go, because I had the most horrible night of sleep...with the heat & sleeping on the floor of my boys room, so that my 3 year old would go to BED, not fun! So then my kids end up waking up earlier than usual & I was completley dragging this morning. But we packed up and went any way & I am glad we did.
It was over cast this afternoon & the PERFECT day for the park. My kids haven't been to any parks yet this summer season....so they LOVED IT! But as I was watching my kids play, I realized how big of a BULLY HJ is!! If you know my darling little 3 year old, you know that he is ANGRY... like ALL the time. He has a very bad temper & he is very emotional. So instead of just telling you that he dropped something...he will just start SHOUTING and SCREAMING & telling you that he is going to take you to jail or throw a shoe at your head...he goes NUTS?!!? So sweet right?
Well at the park today...he was being his usual self, and GROWLING and giving mean looks to all the little kids & he was actually making some of the little girls cry. I couldn't believe him!!! There were 2 playgrounds, 1 for bigger kids and 1 for smaller kids. And HJ seemed to be terrorizing the smaller playground.....running and growling and bossing kids around!! Whose kid is this?!
Po and his cousin Bryson took it upon themselves to go & tell little HJ that he needed to be a NICE BOY! Ohh man, do I have my work cut out with this one!! I am pretty sure this is how my younger brother was growing up.....so why is it that he is MY CHILD!!
( I don't want to hear your comment on that Glamazon Mom!!)

Also today at the park.....I took HJ to the bathroom, which turned out kind of funny. Because, we walked into the nasty bathroom & he said what is that smell?? They were gross, so I told HJ...lets not TOUCH ANYTHING! So I held him up, so he could go pee & he ended up arching his back and pulling back his legs so they wouldn't hit the toliet!! It was the funniest THING! But we accomplished our goal...we didn't have to touch anything! So we are coming out of the bathroom & I see Melissa heading toward us. Apparently Po had started running down towards where we were & now she couldn't see where he went. So we start looking all around for him & then I spot him way back up at the play ground....little turkey! So I went to talk to him about running off. And he tells me that he needed to go to the bathroom TOO! So I said, okay well lets go right now. And he said, well I already went....right down there on the WOOD CHIPS!
WHAT!!?!? Are you serious??
And he says, I made a little streamline pattern, right there (where I am standing!!).... so I start looking around for any MOISTURE and I don't see anything, but I wouldn't put it past my child to pee on the ground! So I ask him again if he is telling the truth! He said that he DIDN'T pee.....I dunno, but I hope nobody saw any little CHEEKS... while I was in the bathroom. I don't know if we will be going back to that park any time soon!! Hahahaha!! :)

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, you know what I want to say. But I will refrain. :) At least boys can go outside, if you can't find a bathroom it isn't the end of the world. Yuck, park bathrooms are the grossest!

Nikki said...

I'll trade you. I will gladly take your angry 3 yr old for a while and you can have my angry 12 yr old...hahaha...I think I would have the better end of the deal :)

Laurie said...

Hehe oh Sass...your stories always make me laugh...So until I have my own, I get to live vicariously through you :)...Your little HJ sounds like my Maynard (I know I know, mines a dog and yours is a child) but when I take Maynard to the park, he has to put on this huge show like he is the boss (when really he is a scaredy cat and doesn't fight back lol)...You'll have your work cut out for you but I'm sure it's all worth it!

Fulkerson Clan said...

i'm glad i'm not the only mom with an angry child on the block! and wow, a day at the park is never boring with you eh?

The Frasers said...

bahahahahahaha!!! The sad thing is, is sometimes, Andy still walks around scowling and growling at little girls on the playground. hAHAHAH only kidding ladies, Andy is now the nicest guy and he would never growl at anyone, but me!

Ashlee Garn said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!! You do have your work cut out for you! I bet they will be SO protective of little Kenadie!