Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Kids are Falling Apart!

To start: Most of you know that HJ is having surgery, in a couple weeks. And I am waiting for something else to happen with him, but so far so good.....he only has to have surgery, no big deal! hahahahaha :)

Then there is Po, I don't know what to do with him!! He is having so many mouth issues, I can't believe it! I guess it all started in October when I noticed that his tonsils were the size of golf balls in his throat. I took him to the Dr. everything checked out fine, all the tests came back normal. " Just watch them" The Dr said. I am thinking watch them? Watch them close over & my boy can't breathe? Well they are STILL swollen & I am sure that Drs won't take them out unless he has had a dozen strep throat cases. Well moving on..... next issue is his teeth!!
About a year ago, he went to the dentist for the first time. My friend Krista use to be a pediatric dental assistant & she said that she thought she saw some cavities in his molars. Well we went to the dentist & no cavities. ( or we thought?) So we go back for our check up and they find a couple cavities & they refer us to a pediatric dentist. We get to the appointment & the dentist starts naming all these teeth: X blah blah blah A blah blah blah....L M N O P! I said are those ALL cavities?!?!?!!? I almost passed OUT!! He said yeah, he said the grooves in his molars are really deep. Even if we brushed every night, we might not get everything!!! I almost started crying, I felt so stupid & so horrible! I guess one of the cavities is so close to the nerve, they have to take out the nerve as well!!! HOLY COW!! So we talk about our options, they said they can knock him completely out at a hospital and do all the cavities at the same time. Sounds good!! Well my insurance wouldn't cover that. So I am not sure what we are going to use, laughing gas I guess?! The thing that bugs me the most, is that if he did have cavities almost a year ago, like Krista perdicted, we could have gotten some of them taken care of a long time ago. Maybe the one near the nerve wouldn't have gotten so bad!! OYE!
So....to make matters worse, a few days after the dentist he was wrestling on the ground with his little bro & he hit his mouth on the carpet!! And guess what? Killed his two front teeth!!! Knocked out the root, no more blood flow! They are turning gray & they look SOO nasty!! I say we just take out all of his teeth & let him wear some dentures until his other ones grow in!! I just feel like my kids are falling apart right before my very EYES!!! Especailly Porter, I mean just look at him. Scar on his forehead, other marks on his forehead when he fell on his train ( 3 years ago), gray nasty teeth... Whats next?!?






Its kind of hard to see ( thank heaven) but his two teeth are turning gray!! They seem to get darker all the time! Ewwww





Again with the teeth...a few weeks ago he got a Lego stuck in his teeth!


I said I would help him ,as soon as I took a picture! :)




I don't know why my kids have cavities? I only feed them chocolate in their sleep!!! Hahahaah

HJ needed to wake up from his nap & I was desperate....so I put some candy in his mouth. As you can see, it didn't work. He kept sleeping!

13 comments:

Joanna McGuire said...

Oh my goodness that is crazy they are falling apart. I am sorry!!! That is crazy that his teeth are turning gray. Good luck with everything, are you going to go private??

Melissa said...

Grr. See what you did? Now I am paranoid and setting my blog to private. :) Send me your email address at mommymeliss@gmail.com

Trieste said...

I am so sorry, I guess when it rains it pours. Yikes! I cannot imagine so many issues...I guess I better hurry and get Jacie's 3 cavities filled before more happens...you scared me! Anyway, I hope things get better for you! It seems like you have a good outlook on it all!

Krista S said...

Hang in there!! It will all work out. Heck, I will even take him to the dentist for you :)!! You're a good mom so don't beat yourself up about this.

The Frasers said...

HOLY MOLAR! haha That is crazy! I am SORRY! I really HAVEN"T talked to you in forever! Don't over stress yourself though, they're boys and luckily Po doesn't have any adult teeth!

mintifresh said...

I took Audrey to the dentist in the summer and they told me she had 8 cavities! I tried to get around it but ended up filling them all. We don't have dental ins. so I'm still paying for it! SHe just had laughing gas and did really well! I don't even think she knows she had a shot in her mouth. I passed out watching but she was just fine! Yeah, I'm a dork!

mintifresh said...

P.S. I love that picture! I'm sure it has nothing to do with the cavities hahaha

This Place is a Disaster! said...

Grey teeth? That is possible and very likely that his teeth are dying.

Laurie said...

Oh Sass...your poor boys! You are a great mom. Don't be sad thinking that you are a terrible mother! There are just some things that are out of your control :). At least Po will get his permanent teeth and the dead ones will go away. I feel for the kid, When I was in 2nd grade, one of my big front teeth died too and turned a greenish brown (embarrassing!) hehe..(this one was one of my permanent teeth too) but the dentist pulled it and I must be a freak because I had a second perm tooth come in. (I also have a 5th wisdom tooth! Crazy eh? LOL) No worries Cass :)

Amy said...

Boys will be boys! Will ran into the brick wall at the Jazz game and killed his tooth...it lightens up over time.

Kristen Wilde said...

Yikes! I hadn't even thought about taking my baby to a dentist
(with all 6 of his teeth)! Good luck with the surgery and all the dental work. Hopefully things will settle down!
By the way, great to hear from you! I didn't know you had a blog, and it will be fun to stay in touch this way! Your boys are adorable.

Ashlee Garn said...

Regardless of what you think, I think you are a WONDERFUL mom! And boys will be boys! This is all totally normal :)

Doney Days said...

Lindsay had 8 cavaties at age 3 and had to be knocked out at Alta View for 2 hours while they put silver caps on 6 of them and filled the other 2. $2400 out of pocket, we had to pay. (I sounded like Yoda just then). Zane had 5 last year, but they weren't very deep. And Dan and I are pretty faithful with brushing our kids' teeth! It sucks! I feel for ya!