Little HJ had surgery yesterday. It seem to come really quickly & before we knew it, there we were waiting to meet up with the Dr. Check in was at 7:45 at Primary Children's Hospital. When we were in the parking lot, we stopped to say a prayer and of course HJ insisted to say it. It was the sweetest prayer, of couse daddy was helping him, but to hear HJ say the words...melted my heart! Here are a couple things he said...."Bwess me with mines surgeries, bwess my mommy and daddy not to worry about me, bwess the doctors at the hospiakl" It was so sweet!!
He was so excited to have surgery! He got awesome socks to wear!!
Some loves for surgery buddy
cheese
tickles and fun with daddy while we are waiting
so sweet, big hugs!
Hugs for me too!!
shortly after the loopy medication
starting to lean over...

When we got in there...it was so BUSY!! There were so many families there, it was wild and unexpected! He got all checked in and he was cleared for surgery, and they gave him his hospital jammies to put on, now we wait. We decided to get him some medicine that calms him down & makes him loopy. They brought him the medicine & said he had to get into the wagon, because after the medicine....he wouldn't be able to walk. So as we were waiting, and watching Hunter get more and more loopy!! He was VERY entertaining....we were laughing SOOO HARD! It was so great to have something else to think about & keep my mind off the fact that my little boy was going under the knife!! He kept sinking lower and lower into the wagon, because he couldn't keep his head up! He was talking so funny, sluring his words....he was pretty much a drunk! We of course have many pictures and videos of him, so great! So the anesthesiologist came over and we walked with him toward the O.R. and HJ didn't really know or care, for that matter what was going on! So when we said goodbye to our little guy, he did not notice! (thank you sweet, sweet medicine!) We ran downstairs to the cafeteria to grab a bagel and drink...then we ran back because the surgery was only going to take 30min. Before we knew it the Dr. was there, talking to us. Everything went fine, he was doing okay & I could go see him in about 15 min. HURRAAYY! We were so relieved that everything went well.
When he was awake, I went back to see him. He was screaming, and crying & so upset. ( they had warned us that the medications, would make him irratated ) I was not prepared for him to be so mad! He wanted his IV out and was yanking on it, he wanted ALL the cords and monitors OFF of him! He didn't stop screaming! Finally we moved to the recovery room, with cartoons and daddy could join us. He was a little bit happier watching TV, and having a slushy....but he still had his outbursts!
We were finally cleared to go home & when the nurse took out the IV....he was even more MAD! There was no pleasing this child! We got him some M&M's for the ride home ( so healthy on an almost empty stomach, I know! )But the ride home was quiet!! Since we all had gotten up at 6am, we were hoping to go home and all have a long nap! Not so much, he just wanted to watch Dora & Diego all afternoon. He was running around and then crying because it was hurting & he kept sliding off my bed on his stomach...OUCH! So he was screaming on and off all afternoon.
So I finally gave up and left him in my room with his cartoons & of course he fell asleep!! I was grateful for the peace. My sister came to bring Po home & gave us some dinner! :) HJ woke up and ate some dinner, he seemed to be doing well....but it didn't last long!! More screaming!!
We let him sleep in our bed that night & he was just like a newborn baby! He was up like every hour...wanting more milk and wanting to watch some Dora....and this and that. When we finally said no more TV at 4am, because ya know we need sleep...he cried/screamed for an hour and a half!!! Ugggghhh!! I do feel really bad for him, I know he must be in a lot of pain. I can't imagine being cut open down there....but he was giving me the biggest HEADACHE!! They didn't give us a perscription for pain meds, so we were very diligent on giving him tylenol/ibuprofen on time! And some tylenol for me too!! :P
He seems to be doing better as today goes on....right now at 9:30pm he is running around the house. I really hope that he sleeps tonight, I need a goodnight of sleep!! But I am armed with Dora, milk and Ibuprofen when he wakes up tonight!!

Some loves for surgery buddy
cheese
tickles and fun with daddy while we are waiting
so sweet, big hugs!
Hugs for me too!!
shortly after the loopy medication
starting to lean over...
On our way home, he is showing us where they put a bandaid after they took out his IV!
4 comments:
What a big boy! He is so cute! I am so glad it all went well but it is never fun to watch your baby go through something like that! I hope tonight goes much better for all of you!
What a brave boy. I am glad the surgery went well. I hope you got some sleep yesterday!! I haven't said congratulations on baby number 3 that is so exciting.
The above comment is from me, I forgot to change it from my husband's name to mine.
i hope that you guys had a good thanksgiving and were able to get some sleep! be sure to give hunter lots of turkey so he's nice and sleepy!
Post a Comment