GREAT! So I spent the morning with him at the instacare & surprise- he has strep!
Steve & I wanted to go out to dinner with some friends, but I figured my sister would not want my kids playing with hers. We were bummed- but then my sister was SO nice & she came to my contagious house and watched my kids any way!!
Dinner was SO YUMMY! Later that night, it was a girl's night at my friend's house to watch a movie. Steve was at home putting the kids to bed, and then I got a phone call to come right home! Steve was saying bedtime prayers with the kids, in the boys' room. Then he told the boys to climb into bed & Kenz just started screaming?! He had no idea what happened & the boys are not saying anything. He thought maybe her elbow was out of socket, so he tried to put it back in place, but it did not work. I came home and took her over to the kidscare. It was about 9:30pm, she was in pain, crying & so tired. The Dr also tried to put her elbow back in socket, but nothing was helping. They took X-rays, but couldn't find anything on there. Finally after we spent over an hour there, we came home with her arm wrapped up.
The Dr told us to come back in on Sunday, if she wasn't getting better. So I took her in again, this time bringing Hj with me, for a strep test. I was a little bit optimistic that Kenz was doing better. But she still was crying about her arm & did not want to grab things very much! :( After another 2 hours at the kidscare, we left with still no answers about Kenz (the Dr said it was time to see an Orthopedic Surgeon) & another little boy with strep.
On Monday, Kenz was using her arm & grabbing things and acting fairly normal. I did not know what to think about it all!! I don't want her suffering, but she seemed to be okay! I really wanted to get out of the house & do something fun! So we went & saw the first showing of "Tangled"! It was a good movie & we had a good time. When we got home, we just watched Kenz & tried to decide what to do next.
I spent Tuesday morning on the phone with Primary Children's, still trying to figure out what to do. Then my Mom suggested that I call my Pediatrician & see what they recommend, she is so smart! They wanted me to bring Kenz in & they have a Dr who use to work for Primary Children's. Score.
He said that with kids this young, they just assume that it is fractured, until proven otherwise. So he wrapped it in a splint & gave her a sling. He said that since babies bones are soo soft, it is almost impossible to find a fracture on an X-ray. But if you wait 10 days after the accident occured, and take an X-ray, you will find an area on the arm where the body is trying to heal the fracture. Soooo we will go back next week for more X-rays! And if there is a fracture, she will be sporting a new cast!!
I am so glad to be done with Drs & appointments for the next week. And I know that Kenz is FOR SURE! I have spent over 5 hours at the doctors, and have been to the doctors 5 times in the past 6 days!! Man, no wonder I am so tired! :P

Saturday night, we just got home from the kidscare- She finally got some pain meds & nobody is pulling on her arm! She is pretty happy.
Monday morning, she is trying to eat her breakfast.
her pink splint
her small sling!
No comments:
Post a Comment