Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Not so Sure?!

What is up with singers/performers these days?!
( now I sound like your Gramma right?!)
A few weeks ago, I was watching American Idol & I am pretty
sure I had to lift my jaw off the ground!
Seriously, Lady Gaga has lost her mind & her clothes!!
I can not believe you can wear all that weird stuff on TV
and have half naked men grabbing you and "dancing" around!
Apparently singers can't just get on stage any more and only
SING!

Tonight, I watched Dancing with the Stars.
did you see it?
I had no idea that Mylie Cyrus is now half bird?!
What the what?
People dancing around with feathers on them!
And Mylie is in her swimming suit and hooker boots,
with her feathered shoulder pads!!
She is how old?? 17?

I just don't get it?!
Am I the only one?!
seriously Why!??!
I think they just look ridiculous!!
I am so scared for my kids to grow up & them wanting to watch
and listen to garbage like this!
YIKES!





There is one other thing on my mind tonight.
I am a Facebook fanatic!
I love it!
But it dives me absolutley BoNkErS
when "billy" is writing on "Mollie's" wall
and he spells her name WRONG!
Seriously?
Its written RIGHT THERE!
"Hey Molly, thanks for coming over..."
DUDE take one second and make sure you are
spelling the name RIGHT!?!?
I am not a perfect speller & I know that I make
mistakes....but spelling things wrong make me CRAZY! :P

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Hahaha Sass I totally know what you mean! I had to fast forward through that whole Lady Gaga song on American Idol, terrible. It blows my mind that on a "family show" some of these people come out in things like that. Crazy! Glee next week is doing a whole episode on Lady Gaga songs and even wearing crazy costumes. It'll be...interesting.

I have to limit myself on Facebook or I would spend way too much time on there lol. But the spelling thing, especially names does get me too... I still get mixed up on how to spell Mike's nephews name, so if I am going to say something about him, I have to look up his sister's pictures to find the right way so I don't mess it up. (it is Nickolai (I am pretty sure with a k not h lol) and he has a niece MaegEn not MaegAn.

The Larchars said...

Funny you should mention that- I've been thinking the SAME thing about entertainers lately. It's really freaky. I don't know how they can get any racier in the future unless absolute nudity becomes ok to society without any inhibitions. We're practically there though. I'm with ya- it really worries me about raising my kids too!

Amy said...

I hope you feel better getting that off your chest? I am sick of sex selling everything from music to soap too! Especially having a daughter to raise nowadays. Keep it covered world!

mintifresh said...

I don't know what you are talking about, I wore that Miley outfit just the other day for carpool. What's wrong with it??

Totally agree on the FB thing! I am always like, for real?? When someone writes on my wall and spells my name "Mindy". It's not a big deal but, really, you can't check the spelling first??

Ashlee Garn said...

Yeah, I think we are all starting to sound like our grandparents. It's just because it gets worse and worse as time goes on. What we had at our age was tons worse than our parents/grandparents...so they are apalled. Same with us. And yeah, I saw the Miley Cyrus video. She's 18. But she's had a live in boyfriend for years...like it's normal :P

And yeah, I agree on the FB deal. People do it to me all the time, usually at work. Kills me when I send them an email, and reply back with Ashley. For the love...it's even part of my email address and signature. People are dumb, and it's a big pet peeve of mine too!

Krista S said...

Totally agree with this post! We've talked about these annoying things before!! I missed Miley's outfit on DWTS. I haven't been watching it lately.....now I'm curious.