Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday Confessional-Magnificent Mexican

I confess that I love me some Mexican FOOD!

So delicious!

Growing up, we had hard shell tacos ALL the time!

Easy & yummy!

But my husband & kiddos never want the hard shell variety

only the flour tortillas!

Which are good too...but just not the same.

So a few weeks ago, my sister came over to my place & we had lunch

You can imagine my glee, when she brought hard shell tacos for us!!

She also had some flour tortillas & she said I HAD to try one.

They were the raw kind, uncooked.

I had never tried them before!!

I warmed one up and

HOLY MOLY!

They are SOOOO good!

chewy & fresh and WARM!

Heaven on Earth

I am probably the last person on earth to try these,

but now I am OBSESSED with them!!

Tacos, quesadillas, enchiladas, burritos....YUM!

My baby had her first quesadilla today & she loved it!

I am probably going to regret that later tonight...

But,if you have not tried them yet...you should buy some!!

I know you will love them too!! :)

8 comments:

Laurie said...

I agree 100%, hard shells are so yummy and the raw uncooked flour tortillas are the BEST! We have tacos here probably at least once a week (which means 2 days worth because we always have left overs right now)

This Place is a Disaster! said...

Me love mexican too, from authentic down to taco bell! I love it all!

The Frasers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Frasers said...

As I recall it, we had hard shell tacos so much, that you and I got sick of them, and for a while only ate soft shell...but like you, now I can't get enough of the hard shell...and speaking of food- we have this new authentic Chicago style pizza for you guys to try! very good!

The Frasers said...

...oh ya, and we've now had tacos here at the house 7 times in the last 9 days!!!!

The Frasers said...

I was going to leave a comment all about my woes with mexican food at the moment, but Andy beat me too it. So, I guess I'll just second the fact that, yes, we need to have another family date to go eat at Sweet Home Chicago! I think we should make it a tradition. Like once a month or every two months, we get together as families and go try a new pizza place!

mintifresh said...

I didn't know you could get a raw kind! That sounds delightful! DO you just get them at any grocery store? I looove Mexican food! I am pretty sure a am a product of an affair my mother had with a Mexican man named Juan. Just sayin.

Nikki said...

hahaha Love it. Wish I was eating dinner at your house. I lOVE Mexican and I have to force my family to eat it. Ches bought a ton of tortillas from bountiful baskets so I've been making them it them every week. You can take some home if you want ~ they are huge and yummy! Or we could BBQ mexican style when you're here ;)