I have become THAT MOM.....that mom in the grocery store who is yelling at her kids.
I am that mom in the store that seems like she has TOO many kids, and her kids have dirty faces, bugger noses & stained clothes with their shoes on the wrong feet!! And everyone is starring at her and judging her! I can't believe I have become HER!
I felt like today was the WORST day! I went to school lunch and the boys were being so naughty, smearing food all over, they were doing gross things with their food! I was holding Kenz and trying to wipe up after my boys, and trying to get them to EAT, and it seemed like I kept saying Over and OVER...STOP THAT & don't DO that!!! I was so frustrated and embarrassed that my children would be acting this way!! But I know, they are just kids!!
Then I head over to Wal*Mart, my oh so NOT favorite store, that like most of you, I don't want to be there, but I end up there! And the boys were running all over the place. I kept yelling and counting and threatening them with vinegar!! But why would they want to listen to ME?! They were running into people, running in front of them!! Arrggg! HJ was putting ALL these HUGE toys at the bottom of the cart. Po likes to run through the isles and see how far away he can get from me & then eventually find me again!! It drives me NUTS! They were not listening, they had red jell-o all over their faces and clothes & other pieces of lunch smeared on them. We were quite the sight to see!! So we are finally done shopping, I go to check out and this older lady is the checker. HJ was trying to "help" & put the crayons up on the belt & ended up tossing them too far and they landed right in front of the lady. She immediately SNAPS at him.....DON'T you DO THAT! I was like okay.... so then HJ starts turning the little lazy susan bag holder thingy around and around and she gets mad at him again, now she is getting on my nerves! (I wanted to say- hey these are MY kids and only I CAN yell at them!!) whatever!! I am almost done. Then Kenz starts CRYING and my credit card wasn't working and I had to keep swiping it! By this time both the boys were playing in one of those drink coolers by the registers. I told them to come over by me & as usual they weren't listening!! And HJ is holding a sprite that he wants me to buy and I am telling him NO......so now the teller lady walks over and is pulling him away and shutting the door saying, our CUSTOMERS want COLD DRINKS! So I pull him over to the cart, I am SOO DONE! So now he is yelling and screaming, just to add to my baby crying, and the huge long line forming behind us & I am just trying to pay for my D@#* GROCERIES!!! Finally the card works and I can get the HECK out of there!! So there I am, people staring....dragging my 3 year old who is yelling horrible things at me & I am pushing the cart with my screaming baby inside of it & telling my 5 year old that he better get over here, NOW, because I AM LEAVING!
I really hate days like these! Now, I didn't write this as a "Oh Poor ME!" But it feels good to just let it all out & know that most of you have had days like these too!
11 comments:
Ahhh...the life of a mommy! I read Rachels blog the other day about a day in the life of a mommy, and between the two of you, I have birth control for the next two years! Thanks! Good luck with everything! You really do have your hands full...and although it may not seem like it at times...you are a wonderful mommy!
Aren't 3 yr olds the BEST? I'm having a BLAST with mine....um, NOT!! Thanks for sharing though...you're right, it's great to vent!!
That SUCKS! Next time you call me, I will take little HJ and you can keep him away from Wal-Mart. Sometimes I wonder if Wal-Mart is a taste of hell on earth for parents with young children. Keeps us on the straight and narrow, I guess. I would hate to be stuck THERE for eternity.
Oh dang! that does SUCK! While, I don't know what it is like to have 2 kiddos AND a baby running around, I sure know what it's like to have a screaming baby with you. It doesn't matter how fun I try to make the store, Will ALWAYS screams the WHOLE time. Then, he screams even louder when we go to check out and the SAME lady always ends up bagging our groceries and she's always like "momma, feed me! Feed me!" I'm all, HE"S NOT HUNGRY, he's just being a brat! hahaha Too bad I don't live closer, I would take the little HeDevils!
That does sound like a terrible day! I hope you don't have to take all 3 kids to Wal-Mart again for a long time! I got one of those harness-backpack-leash things for Jaydon just because he was always trying to run away from me in stores . . . so now I no longer have a running child, just a crying child!
Kenzie is super cute. I wish you more smiles, and more reasons to smile!
I'm SO sorry. I swear going to the grocery store with all 3 of my kids brings out the worst in them and the worst in me! I cringe at the thought of going to the store with all of them. It's SO hard. I guess I'll tell you what everyone tells me....hang in there, it gets better! Let's hope it's true!!!!
You are so normal Cassie! I think we've all been there before and I am so sorry. I usually only go to the store if Curt is home and watches the kiddos or I do a babysitting swap with my neighbor. I have the hardest time with my kiddos at the store too! I know that doesn't help, but there are just some of those awful days to help us be grateful for the good days I guess. I'd be mad at the lady cashier too...does she not realize she is just making things worse??? Some people! Anyway, I'm glad you survived, here's to hoping for better days!!!
It makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one. Last year at Smith's, Gavin pulled a blue Pyrex cake pan off the shelf and it shattered everywhere! So embarrassing! Dang kids that we love so much!
Oh Cassie!! I HATE those kind of days!! I am one of those moms to! and a lady behind me at the check stand told me so! She told me I was the meaniest mom ever!! Yea well thanks for telling me that in front of my kids, Know you can only imagine what they say to me EVERY time I say no. Good Luck we are all in this together!!! :)
Welcome.
I'm so sorry! Was her name Sharon? ahhahahaa! Anytime you need to go to the store let me know and I will have a list for you to pick up for me. hahaha
Seriously though, your kids can come here so you can really enjoy the ambiance of WalMart!
Wow! THat TOTALLY sounds like a rough day too! I think it's good that we record these sometimes though, because then when our husbands get on those prideful kicks about how much "easier" it is to be a "stay at home Mom", then they can see not so! And when they get older, we'll be able to look back and see we made it through those stages and possibly laugh!
Cassie, I'm sure you're a FABULOUS mom! And I'm soooo glad you found my blog!!!
Post a Comment