Thursday, August 27, 2009

Baby Blessing

My little girl's blessing day was a great day! Of course we have 9am church, so that wasn't so fun....but we were all there on TIME ( I was so shocked ).

Steve gave her a beautiful blessing, he is so excited to have his little girl. So after the blessing, the dad usually holds up the baby for everyone to see. Well Steve (being over 6 feet tall) raised his little baby WAY up in the air. I told him afterwards that it almost looked like he was raising the lamb for sacrifice! Everyone in the congregation laughed! So after that was all over, it was back to our place for brunch. It was a MAD house....lots of people and LOTS of kids. But I think everyone got their fill of food and had a good time. :) SO here are some pics....









4 generations......Grandma, my Dad, me and my baby




Steve and I with my parents





She wore the dress that I wore on my blessing day, even the same shoes I wore!! I LOVED it!! I made her a new little white bow.


Here is my sister Becky & her hubby Weston. Her little baby Melanie is 2 months younger than Kenz.


Here is a close up of the girls........they are so cute and so different. Kenz is big and bald & Mels is so little with a head full of hair!!




My sister Jody & her hubby Matt and their little boy Connor!



Steve's folks with Kenz


My brother Andy & Mycah with their little boy Will. Will and Kenz are 4 months apart and they are about a pound different in weight!! Its crazy...she is a BIG girl and he is a LITTLE boy!






Here is a picture of us.....the boys are being boys, this was the best picture!









Me and my girl!










I love my little girl SOOO MUCH!







She is laying on the blanket that my mom's aunt made for my mom's baby blessing! My mom took a picture of all of her kids on their blessing day on that same blanket.









My mom and dad with Kenz!







so sweet










I LOVE this picture!








Say Cheese KENZ!







Daddy and his girl






my sweet, smiley baby!









OOOooooOOOOoooo......Hey BLUE eyes!







In this picture, she is laying on the blanket my grandma made for me & I have used this blanket for all of my kids' blessing days.

Party is over now....time to take a snoozer on daddy!

5 comments:

mintifresh said...

Looks busy and fun! It's always nice to have all the fam around to celebrate!

Doney Days said...

What a sweetheart! Looks like a funy and busy day!

P.S. You can change your posts to be in a different order. Just go to "edit posts" and click on the blessing post. Then at the bottom (under your post) it says "Post options". There you can change the date and time of when you wanted or want the post shown. It will put them in that order. so you can even do a post for the future, then Blogger will automatically post it on that future date. Does this make any sense???? :)

Doney Days said...

Oh and I meant "fun" day not "funy" day! :)

Nikki said...

Awww! Love the pictures! What a perfect day for you. Wish I could have been there *snif* =) Kenz is such a beautiful and sweet girl.

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.