In the middle of August my hubby went down to BRAZIL
for work!!He went to a couple different cities.
One of which was Porto Alegre where he served his mission.
He was so excited to go back!!
The first area that he served in was Porto & then
later in his mission, he was on crutches and could not
walk very well, because of hip problems. He was
transferred back to Porto to finish up the remainder
of his mission.
(so he ended up spending almost an entire year in this one area)
So 12 years later, he is back in the same place. On Sunday he was waiting in the
chapel, for church to start & he can hear people in the halls talking and saying he
that he was a foreigner.
Until they heard his voice, his big loud voice- they KNEW it was him!
A lady then came up to him and asked if he remembered her-
He wasn't sure, she then proceeded to tell a story.
Her and her family were not really interested in being baptized,
but they enjoyed having the missionaries over.
Steve had gone there a few times before he was
transferred. When he came back to the area on his
crutches, the lady told him that
he needed to go home and get better.
Steve then stuck his finger right to her nose & said-
No, I am here to do GOD's work and
I am not leaving until it is done.
She was so surprised by his answer.
It took her a while to process what he had said.
This gospel/church was so important to him
that he stayed in a foreign country on crutches to teach about it.
That answer changed her life.
A year later her daughter was baptized.
A year after that she was baptized.
And a year after that her husband and sons were baptized.
Now every missionary that comes thru Porto, gets to hear the story
about the Elder that stuck his finger in her face & said I am not going home!
Her daughter is now married to the bishop. And their family remains very active.
Steve could not believe how his comment changed these peoples lives.
A new beautiful chapel
this is the 4th floor- and indoor soccer/sports court
Steve having some dinner with the members after church
Those 2 weeks were rough while he was gone.
One night while I was trying to get
everyone into bed. Hj came running out of his room holding a picture of himself
as a baby- claiming that it had fallen off the wall. And as he ran into the kitchen, (where we were all standing)
he tripped and fell,
and as he fell the picture that he was holding shattered in his face!
he tripped and fell,
and as he fell the picture that he was holding shattered in his face!
He popped up and started screaming- I AM SORRY, I did not MEAN TO, MOM!!
He thought I would be mad at him, I finally calmed him down & said are you OKAY????
Are you hurt or bleeding? I know you did not mean to break it- but are you alright?
He luckily was not injured or hurt in any way.
And nobody stepped on any glass.
He thought I would be mad at him, I finally calmed him down & said are you OKAY????
Are you hurt or bleeding? I know you did not mean to break it- but are you alright?
He luckily was not injured or hurt in any way.
And nobody stepped on any glass.
The week before my kids went back to school we went to Seven Peaks & Trafalga.
Also to the movies & the library and as many other fun things we could think of!!
I have to admit, I was NERVOUS for my kids to go back to school. And I was sad that my hubby was not home to watch the kids go to their first day of school. But on the other hand I was about to knock their heads together if they got into ONE. MORE. fight! :P
His shirt says "It's safer to assume that I have Ninja skills!" I saw it and had to buy it- my boys LOVE ninjas!!
Po started the THIRD grade! He is growing up quick! His teacher is new to the school- but she is very nice! And he likes her a lot so that is important!!
LINE UP!
Have a great day buddy...
A few days later Hj started FIRST grade! He was so nervous about being at school ALL DAY!
But he got an awesome teacher, who is so nice & sweet! So he was excited to go!!
Cute boy!
Love my boys...
Shelby & Hj! (they have been in the same pre-school & kindergarten classes together!)
time to line up- love you!!
Little Miss Kenz went to pre-school for the first time!! She was super excited to go to school, but when the day came, she was so SCARED! I thought for sure I would have to go in with her- but as soon as the teacher called all the kids in- she walked right in. No tears or sad faces!! I was so proud of her!
Here she is with her buddy Dylan- after they were done with their first day. I think they had a good time.
She got a bracelet from her teacher & could not wait to go back-
little cutie pie.




No comments:
Post a Comment