We went down to my husband's family property that is right near Bryce canyon & this time we actually took some of my family with us. The rest of my family can come down next time! :)
We actually left on my birthday, and the canyon is NOT my favorite place in the world...so it was not the BEST birthday I have ever had, but I was also like 32 weeks pregnant, not going to be too pleasant no matter what!! :)
The trip down wasn't too bad, we stopped in Fillmore for a picnic lunch. Poor Hj was standing too close to an ant hill and all the red ants went up his pants and they were biting his legs. He started screaming & we ran over and ripped off his pants & got all the ants off of him. It was SOOO sad! We got him some ointment & Tylenol, but his legs were still red with bites! :(
The rest of the trip was uneventful, which was nice....but there is like a 5 mile dirt road to get to the property & I was dying! All those bumps in my hubby's huge truck, almost did me in! If it wasn't so far away, I might have walked into camp. After we set up- we went into town and had some YUMMY dinner. It was nice not to cook my own birthday dinner!
It was decent weather- but super, super windy! I have never seen so much wind down there. On Sunday the weather was pretty brutal, we all stayed in the cabin most of the day with the fire going. Then when it was time for bed- we ran out to our trailers & tried not to freeze to death. I think the low was in the 30's that night, my face was frozen and Kenz did not sleep well at all. (turns out her ears were bothering her!) When we woke up, there was actually ICE on the water spicket! Brrrr!!
After packing up- my husband's uncle Richard showed all of us a Book of Mormon, that Joseph Smith had given their great grandfather. It was pretty impressive to finally hear the ENTIRE story & to see a first edition of the Book of Mormon! :)
We were finally outta there after 4:00, I was so ready to go home- but the rest of my family could have stayed the rest of the month...
I was pretty miserable & grumpy most of the trip...sorry everyone!! :P
But I still think they had fun, going on hikes, collecting rocks, going for wheelie rides, hunting down and catching lizards/toads & shooting some clay pigeons.
All the beautiful views!
We went up to red canyon & found this huge horny toad. He was NOT happy to be caught & was hissing at everyone! Kenz wasn't sure what to think...
The kids loved finding & catching all the lizards and horny toads
Our truck was a fun hang out for the kids & a perfect playpen for the 2 year olds!
the hill leading up to the cabin- the kids loved riding their bikes up & down it. Also playing in all the dirt!!
the cabin & all of our chairs
This is my sister's trailer where her family slept...
Kenz kickin it back with her cousin Will!
My dirty & exhausted kiddos- on our way home!
Her poor little face was a little bit sunburned & wind burned. And her ear was draining and hurting....such a bad combo. I gave her a bandaid & she put it on her ear, so sad! :( She was so happy to get out of the truck and be home again!!
No comments:
Post a Comment