Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mac

Dear Kraft,
I LOVE your mac n' cheese! It is my favorite Kraft dinner...no other brand holds a flag to you! So I was so excited when I saw the commercial for the Homestyle mac n' cheese, a while back. I finally bought a bag of the stuff (a little pricey if you ask me)and I made it as a side dish for dinner the other night! I was SO excited to try it. It was a little more complicated to make, a lot more steps & stirring, than your usual mac n' cheese. So I thought, okay- it takes longer to prepare, but it will be SO worth it in the end! Not so much!
I was so DISAPPOINTED! Instead of adding your regular bright orange cheese powder, you add a pouch of Velveeta, well stuff that looked a whole lot like it! (and I am not doggin' on Velveeta...but I prefer mine mixed with salsa!)
So it was really THICK, I added probably over a 1/2 cup of milk more than it called for to thin it out a bit. We were a house divided on the new noodly stuff. Myself & Po were not big fans. And Steve, Hj & Kenz gobbled it up! In fact, Kenz is enjoying some leftovers right now, for lunch!!

Have you tried it?! Did you or your family like it!?







2 comments:

mintifresh said...

I'm not a fan of the Kraft. I looove Stouffer's mac! Yum!

Nikki said...

My kids don't ask for mac n cheese any more, so I guess I'm out of the loop, I've never heard of it. But if it's anything like the other "gourmet" stuff they make I vote Yuck!