What does he have against my stove?!
We got a new stove last spring, our old stove was probably older than me & really nasty!! So I was really excited to get a new one. I chose the kind with the ceramic top & I really liked it! :) So the day we got it, my brother came and helped us get it in the house and the old one OUT! So then the men folk decide that they need some pizza, they are hungry from all their hard work!! So I went and got some Papa Murphy's that Steve had ordered over the phone. So I come back home & Steve said that he had already pre-heated the oven.....ohh great, but did you take out all the packing & instructions? Ummm NO! He is of course very sorry & feels bad! But I come in to find my hour old stove pre-heated with melted plastic & Styrofoam and papers/instructions that are now brown and black. OYE! And I forgot the bread sticks and the soda!! Whatever!! So I try to clean my oven out while Steve goes and gets the forgotten items. And my stove is impossible to clean, melted plastic doesn't like to come off. So we cooked the pizza and it tasted like plastic and our house was so stinky!! ( you can imagine!) It was horrible. And just to add to it, a week or so later.....my sweet little four year old put a feather duster in the oven while I was baking some banana bread!! So the feathers caught on fire and my fire alarm was going off and my child had ran off, didn't want to tell dear mommy what he has done! ( can't a mommy go to the bathroom without the house burning down??) So now there is melted plastic and gunk PLUS scorched feathers on the bottom of my oven!! YIKES!!
So tonight to just top things off, my husband cracks the stove top. He made some very sticky popcorn on Sunday & now it is hard as a rock in the bowl. So he was trying to get some popcorn out of this huge metal bowl. ( a near impossible feat, I can't get any out!!) So he is pushing the spoon down into the bowl, which is on the stove and he is SO stinkin strong he cracks the ceramic top!! I mean the crack stretches across the entire top! HOLY COW! Thankfully I got the extended warranty & I will be calling them tomorrow to see what we do next! My husband is of course a wonderful guy.....I just can't believe all these things that are happening to my new oven...in less than a years time!! Ahhhh
9 comments:
Maybe it's the ceramic top. He's not a fan :)
Wow! You guys have been busy! Well, at least your menfolk have! Maybe you should put them to work in the yard!
Oh boy! Quite the luck with that thing!
Well that stinks! Hopefully the warranty covers a strong hubby cracking the top of your stove. Good Luck!!
Oh no, that is awful! I'm glad you got the warranty, why do the men in your life hate your stove?
Hehehe...Wow! Sounds like the saying "if anything can go wrong it will" for you. That is just crazy!
that's why i don't think we've done anything to our house or gotten much that's new since we moved in. hehehe. i just know it would get destroyed too!
holly cow when it rains it pours so have ya called on that warenty yet i am curious as to what they said if you told the truth or what you had to say to get a new stove
Post a Comment