Sunday, February 15, 2009
Am I The Only One?!
Who doesn't enjoy cooking with the kiddos? It just drives me nuts?! I don't like it when they help me. (most of the time) I usually start dinner when Curious George comes on, so that I can get a good head start on dinner, by myself. I do let them help me cook/bake, but I always get so frusterated!! Maybe girls are better at being Mommy's little helper?? I don't know? But my little HJ, just LOVES to be in the kitchen. He wants to do the dishes, help cook, ANYTHING that gets him up to the counter. I guess the worst part is, that he gets into everything while he up there & can't leave things alone. ( I know he is only 3....) But when he does "Do the Dishes" he ususally floods my countertops & floor! Even if there is not a dish in the sink, he will find one, just so he can clean it! Uggg it just drives me CRAZY!! I know I should be happy that he wants to help me, I am sure he won't want to be so helpful for long, but I just can't do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hehe Sass...That is funny. Can't tell you how I would be yet. How bout in a few years I'll let you know if I like my kids "helping" :). And yes, Angel is huge! She is one of the bigger Goldens we have seen. I think she is around 85+ pounds.
Evan went through a phase like that as well. however, i was a momma bear in the kitchen and would seriously GROWL at him if he even started to make any messes. so, after about a year and a half of his help, he actually became a decent helper in the kitchen. really. however, does he want to help me cook or bake anymore? um, nope. all that patience and work...sigh. here's something that helped though, as a treat, our thing became to bake chocolate chip cookies together--on the floor on a couple of old towels. i didn't freak over the mess, evan had more creative freedom, and after shaking out the towels over the sink, cleanup was a snap! good luck!
They are boys! Hopefully he'll hang on to that knack for wanting to help so that when he's older, he CAN help with the dishes! But good luck on that one! :) did you get my message about fixing your blog?
i feel the same way and my kids do the same things to it is frustrating because they want to help but they just make it harder and messier
The trick is to have dinner finished before Curious George is over - only 1/2 hour! I still haven't accomplished that goal yet! Just think how grateful their wives will be that they know their way around a sink!
Um no, you are not the only one. I always think it sounds like such a cute fun thing to "make cookies together" or "hey, wanna help mommy make some bread?" Like yesterday. I said the latter, and regretted it the second after, and the whole time after...Kaylie likes to like beaters, and the spoons, and likes to stick her fingers in the dough, and ended up with a huge ball of flour in her mouth, which she then had to spit out and make a big mess with. So yeah, I hear ya. I can't believe Mycah had her baby the next day either! CRAZY! And he weighed exactly what Josh weighed, and he was only 2 weeks early, so way to go Will!!!
That's funny, I make dinner during George too!
Post a Comment