Okay, so I called RC Willey about our stove and about the warranty. Well turns out that they cover everything BUT the ceramic top! ( hmmmm maybe because it is ceramic and it breaks easily!!) I was so mad!! But then they said, well you bought it about 9 months ago it should still be covered under the one year warranty from GE. So I called GE and scheduled for someone to come out and gave them all of our information. Then they call back the next day & said that the model we have is a 2004, there for the warranty is expired!! I said so even though we have only had it for 9months....its still expired??! Yep pretty much!!! Then she says that the service call for the guy to come and say "yep its broken" will cost $70.00 and then he will order a new part and tell me the total with labor included. I thought hmmmm...I know that my stove is broken and that I can only use one unit, so I canceled the service call. I called up GE to see how much a replacement top would cost. Guess how much!?! $356.00!!!! That is JUST for the ceramic top....SERIOUSLY!! So with tax and shipping it would be $396.00.
HOLY CRAP!! We bought the stove for 499.99 plus tax!!! UGGGGGGGG!!! Steve thinks that he could replace the top, so that we wouldn't have to pay a million dollars in labor fees. I don't know what to do?? Should we just have a new top shipped to us and have Steve put it in? OR should I go see if I can get a new stove for the same price as this one? I don't know? I don't really want to go out shopping for a new stove....but it seems like the obvious thing to do!!??!?? OYE!!!!! We obviously have to get it fixed or replaced it is very hazardous & sharp...I sliced my finger on it the other night cleaning the kitchen. Man this totally sucks!
10 comments:
I say buy a new stove! I wouldn't risk putting it in yourself and you can just start over. That sucks! I am so sorry!!
I say buy a new one - after all, it totally smells and is nasty from the melted plastic!
New one!
Awe Sass...That so sucks!! But seriously...if you could get a new stove for just over what you could replace the top on this one for, it might be worth it. Since now you know that a ceramic top is not the way to go, if you replace it, it will probably break again long before a new one without a ceramic top would. Hope all goes well! Love ya!
Oh jeez! Let me talk to them! I'll get the darn thing replaced for free! :)
P.S. When are we going to do pictures? my house is mostly clean by the way, we should do girl's night sometime.
I am so sorry...what a disaster! Why can't customer service people be nicer...don't they understand what people have to go through. I think if it's not that much more to just get a new one I'd do that and see if maybe someone will buy yours for something to help make up the difference. And you're pregnant with 2 toddlers...I think I'd be in tears right about now!What a pain!
that just sucks i think i would just get a new stove go to the same store you got it from and see if you can haggle with them though since they gave you a stove with a bad war.
that just sucks i think i would just get a new stove go to the same store you got it from and see if you can haggle with them though since they gave you a stove with a bad war.
that just sucks i think i would just get a new stove go to the same store you got it from and see if you can haggle with them though since they gave you a stove with a bad war.
that just sucks i think i would just get a new stove go to the same store you got it from and see if you can haggle with them though since they gave you a stove with a bad war.
i vote for the new stove as well. and maybe there is someone out there who would buy your old stove for like $50 bucks or so and come haul it away for you. but sorry such a pain in the butt thing happened to you. i would probably be bitter at rcwilley for life at this point. hehehe.
Post a Comment