Monday, December 22, 2008

Disneyland part 1

Going to Disneyland for Christmas, what a great idea! But who knew that the entire Western United States would be experiencing freak weather!! ( we had yucky weather!) Any way..we were suppose to leave for our trip Friday the 12th sometime that afternoon. Well our plans changed! I was so hormonal and emotional....but I decided to stop crying about it and just pack up the van and be ready to go whenever! Steve got home from work at 9:30 pm that night.....we decided to just GO!! So we were out the door by 10:00pm on Friday and we knew that a storm was coming! We finally made it to our hotel about 4:30 am Saturday morning....uggg! We got some sleep, had breakfast & a coke, went swimming and it was off to California! By this time I am sure that it was snowing up in SLC, but in Vegas it was high winds. It was very difficult to drive and not get blown off the road! We finally made it to Anaheim about dinner time! We ate, unpacked our stuff and went to bed! And when we woke up the next morning, we found that Santa had found us and brought the boys some early Christmas gifts! It was really funny, Po was certain that there was a tiny chimney somewhere in the hotel and Santa had snuck down it to bring us our gifts!!
We were excited to just relax for a couple days before going to Disneyland! :) So we went shopping, hung around the hotel and of course went out to eat, where my kids were just angels! Hahahah yeah RIGHT!

Packing up & ready to go! We were all really excited!





Santa came and brought fun Disneyland shirts & jammies for the boys to wear in California!









We went to Downtown Disney and had lunch at the Rainforest Cafe! We all shared a steak/ribs/shrimp platter! It was really yummy!





Oh look we found the boys' REAL father.....a gorilla!
(HJ doesn't think that is so funny!)




They would never look at me when I was taking a picture! Shopping and trying on silly hats



dream come true... LEGO STORE!











HJ is sitting on the giant giraffe's foot! And Po was playing at one of the little lego stations!





All the cool things made all out of Legos! Po and Daddy were in HEAVEN!








Showing some brotherly love near the HUGE Christmas Tree in Downtown Disney!













Where to next Mom and Dad?












The huge tree.....with an ornament every inch up the whole tree!


















Wearing their pirate hats back at the hotel and being silly! And there is Po playing with their favorite toy...the heater! I am pretty sure that they broke it, they put tissues in it, Lego's and toys! We caught HJ pouring some water in it! And it didn't work the last night we were there! Sorry hotel!















Arrrggggghhhhh!











Out to eat once again....the boys had spaghetti & HJ had to dump cheese on top...take one bite and then wipe his face! I think he went through 20 "napkums"




































That is a big bite!













Say CHEESE you messy little boys!





















9 comments:

Melissa said...

Cute pictures! Sorry about the heater...Sienna clogs the toilet, the boys mess up the heater...just seems to be a great time for the hotels. :) I like their pictures, they are so cute!

Joanna McGuire said...

I am sorry the trip started out rough but I am glad you guys had fun. The boys looked like they were having a blast. That is cute they got Christmas presents early. Fun fun.

Fulkerson Clan said...

hey girl! i've been waiting forever for you to post! what have you been doing instead? trying to recover from your vacation or something? hahaha! anyways, good to hear some details, glad you had fun despite the adversity and i heard your fish missed you :)

mintifresh said...

SO, did you hit any rides or just eat?? HAHAHAHAHAHA Looks like a blast!! Good thing you didn't have to leave a deposit at the hotel-well I guess the boys did leave a few just in the wrong place! OOPS!

Laurie said...

Hehe Cass, it looks like fun and the pictures are so cute. Even if they are messy they are so cute :). You are lucky you took off Friday night, that Saturday was really nasty!!I so want to go to Disneyland I've only been twice.

Krista S said...

Fun Pics! Can't wait to see some of you guys at the park. I was asking Hunter last night if he liked Disneyland and the rides and all he kept saying was that he like the Buzz ride. Glad you guys had a good time despite the crazy weather.

The Frasers said...

I think it is funny that Hunter is SUCH a clean freak! It looks like you guys had so much fun!! Good for you!!

yettie/jessie said...

way fun wish i could go and when you saw my dad i bet he was talking to my mom she is way confusing.

Ashlee Garn said...

LOL! I love your stories! Is Disneyland different with kids? Weird to think that we were only 14 when you and I went to D-LAND! :) Funny, remember the Anastasia soundtrack!? A better question would be, could you ever FORGET the words to the Anastasia songs!? :)