Friday, July 29, 2011

My baby!!

I am so happy that my little peanut is finally here!! Its funny when you are pregnant, it seems the end will NEVER come! And now she is here and 2 weeks old, already! Its nuts.
That pregnancy was pretty crazy. I was super ornery & cranky. I was an extreme clean freak & I wanted to remodel my whole house!! My husband is probably the most grateful that the baby is here! ha ha ha- poor guy.

I was all set to be induced on July 15th. I had gotten everything ready to go. The kids were at my parents house & we were packed for the hospital. The morning of the
15th, as I was getting ready, I had convinced myself that I was having a boy. The past 9 months I thought it was a girl- and now the morning of my baby's birthday, I changed my mind! :P
We got to the hospital and I got all hooked up with my IV and pitocin...and things were moving kinda slow. At 7:30am the Dr broke my water and they attached a monitor onto the baby's head because "he"- as we kept calling the baby- kept moving around so much.
At that point I was only dialated to a 3. The nurse was very eager to help me labor naturally...and I kept telling her, I just wing it! I don't have special techniques, or special breathing, I just don't want an epidural!
Me, Steve & my Mom ( who I invited to be there for the delivery, she hasn't been to any of her daughter/daughter-in-laws births & since this was more than likely going to be my last baby, I decided to invite her and she was so excited to come!) any way- we were all just chatting and telling stories and every time the nurse came in, I was doing great.
Around 10:00am my contractions really started to pick up & the nurse turned up my pitocin to move things along. At 11:00am- the contractions were getting pretty intense & my hands and feet had started to go tingly, and I remember that they had done that same thing when Kenz was about to be born. So I said, I need to be checked- this baby is coming soon!! We paged the nurse 2 times...until she finally came in. She was helping another patient- she checked me and said I was only a 6 or 7! I thought for sure I would be further dialated than that. I told her that I was ready to push- so she paged the Dr. and they got everything ready. The Dr came in and things were rollng, my little one was born at 11:18am. So she checked me just after 11:00am and she was born 10 minutes later!! Yikes! She came SO stinkin' quick, it was NOT pleasant, to say the least!! But its all done with, hooray for that!! :)


A. Joanne was
7lbs 14oz and 20 inches long.
My cute little AJ has lots of platinum blonde hair and is so sweet!

I was so excited that it was a GIRL! 2 boys, 2 girls! awesome.





the beautiful bouquet that my parents gave me- the balloon says: A new little princess!


baby girl!


AJ and Daddy!


AJ with my Mom, who she is named after! :)






Me and my precious girls


Sisterly love



































Sun bathing- trying to get rid of her jaundice!











Her bilirubin levels are still too high- so she had to be on the bili-blanket!





9 days old...

4 comments:

The Frasers said...

Oh, I just want to hold and kiss her! Love you, AJ!

Laurie said...

She is so cute! Totally has your lips hehe...I so want to see her sometime! Adorable :)...and I bet your mom loved coming in for the first time!...I had my mom and mother in law for mine, but the next ones are going to be just me and Mike.

Krista S said...

She's beautiful! Congrats!!

The Larchars said...

Ahh, she is darling! I love those pics of her in the car seat, her skin tones look so pretty with the brown! Your baby sure did come fast- and you are quite the super mom to do a natural delivery, way to go!!!