Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kids

Here is a kiddo update from this week:



At Po's school, every kid gets a Principal Pride award. Po got his this week & his award was for "Great Imagination On Your Art Work" which I thought was fitting- since he has the best/craziest imagination! So any way you just go to the school, your child get his certificate and a photo op with the Principal. So I have included one picture of the group- he is in the front row, with the red sweater. WAY to GO PO!







Soccer TIME! Both my boys have started up soccer- it now consumes my LIFE!
(up to 4 games a week, plus practices!) Steve is coaching Hj's little Pre-K team & they are all adorable. He had his first game on Monday, it was a bit chilly, but the kids did pretty good. When the game began, our team just SAT there...as the opposing team kicked the ball right into their goal. HA HA HA! All the parents/coach were yelling "run, RUN- get the BALL, do SOMETHING!?!" Then it was Hj's turn to get on the field & he totally went right after the ball! I was SO proud of him, for getting into the action! One time he ALMOST made a goal, and then I think he got hurt- so he came running to me crying. I think his arm & pride were hurt. He was SO sad that he could not kick the ball INTO the net! I told him how proud I was, that he was trying and it was only his FIRST game....he'll have other chances to score!
Hj also thinks that the shin guards are the best thing EVER! He feels invincible, when he wears them & doesn't like taking them off! :)









On Tuesday Hj, Kenz & I went and saw my cute nieces dance, in their recital. After it was over- I ran to the store to get a couple things. As I was unloading the groceries from the van into the house- Hj & Kenz played in the front yard. They were just running around the grass, no big deal. I told them it was time to come inside- Hj came running in, but Kenz remained outside. So I came in & took off my coat.....then I went out to get her- but she was not there?! I thought, I don't think she came in yet?? I got a little freaked out- then I heard her little voice...I thought maybe she had gone over by the gate & as I started to walk over there, she started to cry. As I looked down, I saw my little girl's face...she had fallen into the window well. I yelled for Steve to go to the basement & get her out. Because this window well is right under our bay window in our front room. There was no way I could get her out, from the outside. I have NO idea how she fell down there? It was literally 1 minute that she was alone.....the other crazy thing was- she was completely unscathed! Not a scratch!! I am grateful that she was not hurt, but I am still baffled by it!?






there is maybe a 1 foot clearance between the ground & bay window.....just enough space for her to fit I guess?!













Last but not least, here is the most recent pic of the 3 amigos!


1 comment:

Kari Nitzel said...

Sounds like a fun filled week. Your kids are always so cute.