Sunday, December 19, 2010

Early Christmas Gift...

Steve ordered all my Christmas gifts online this year. He told me not to open any boxes from overstock.com, that got delivered to the house. And to your surprise
(and mine) I did not even snoop!


Lets rewind, a few months back. My husband stepped on my flatiron & broke it, but in his defense I think it was under a towel. I found it all mangled, plates broken, wires poking out! What a mess. So I gave him some crap about it. Whatever, I figured I would just get another one soon. Well time passed & I still had not replaced it. Then I used my sister's flatiron & it was great, it did not pull my hair- I loved it.

I had not been bothered by the fact, that I only had a curling iron until last week- when I got my hair done. And I knew the style I wanted to achieve could only be reached with a flatiron. So I called my sister & found out the brand of her flatiron that I liked so much. I was planning on buying it on Saturday, but I never made it to Sally's.
Sunday was the first day that I actually did my freshly cut hair. And it looked horrible after I had styled it with the curling iron. I was venting to Steve, about my frustrations of not having a flatiron. He said, maybe I will get you one for New Year's!? I said- New Years?! I am not even waiting until Christmas, I am buying one tomorrow!! He mumbled a few things & left the room. I could hear him rummaging in the basement. Then he came upstairs, handed me a box & said Merry Christmas!!

He bought me a flatiron for Christmas, how sweet! But the only thing I could think of, was that brand I was going to get- that did not pull my hair! So I asked him if he still had the receipt!! ( I am such a brat!!!) He said if I didn't like it, he would take it back. But he told me that he had done A LOT of research before he purchased this one. I tried it out, it worked out great & my hair looked fabulous!! Thank you honey, for the great gift! I LOVE IT!! :)



3 comments:

Laurie said...

That is SO sweet! Seriously! Not only did he listen and know that you REALLY wanted it, but he sat down and RESEARCHED to make sure he got a good one! Way to go Steve!

The Frasers said...

I am literally laughing out loud picturing Steve mumbling and rummaging in the basement!!!! Oh, good times!

Congrats on the new flat iron! I need a new one as well. I've had mine for almost SIX years now!

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

Hahahaha! How funny :). I LOVE how guys try so hard to get the perfect presents for us. I always seem to ruin it somehow right before Christmas though by either going and buying it or torturing it out of Tim. I'm terrible. This year it was a diaper bag that I've wanted forever and I was gonna buy it with my Christmas bonus...but he had already bought it. Hopefully next year I'll be able to help him keep his secrets :)