Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Innocent Prayers

I have always loved hearing the prayers of little kids. They are the best! And I was bummed when my kids didn't like saying prayers. But the past 6 months or so, they fight over who gets to say the prayer. So as most of you know, my grandpa passed away about a month ago. And Po can't stop talking about it, STILL! HE loves talking about people going to heaven and when we will die. Any way, every time he says his prayers he says: "Bless that Grandpa Fraser got to heaven safely!" I think it is so SWEET! One night after I prayed & blessed my Grandma (who is now alone) that she might be safe. Po asked why I prayed for her & I explained that we want her to be safe too, now that Grandpa is gone. So now after he prays for Grandpa he says...."And bless Grandma to be alone safely" I love how he is starting to think about others & pray for them!!
And HJ has started telling us that he does not need our help in praying any more. And his prayers are so cute too. The other night his prayer went something like this:
"....please bless the food......me wuv you......bless me to be a worker in my room.....amen!" After, Steve & I just smiled at each other, it was such a tender prayer.

Another funny story about prayers: A few weeks ago, I was making dinner and in a hurry to get some where afterward. So I kept calling downstairs for Steve to come up and eat, so we all could eat and I could get it cleaned up & go. He kept saying hold on, hold on ( he was busy doing something). I was frustrated & now I was running late, so we started with out him....and Po said the prayer and he said " And bless my daddy to get to heaven safely!" After the prayer was over, I just laughed.... Po knew I was ready to kill Steve! Hahahahahahah!! I yelled downstairs and I said you better get up here....your son is blessing you to go to heaven! Hahahaah! That got his attention!

7 comments:

Krista S said...

I agree...little kid prayers are the BEST!! That's funny how he prayed for Steve to go to heaven. Too cute!

mintifresh said...

So very cute! What cute and sweet boys! They will be very good big brothers to their little sister! :)

The Frasers said...

AW man! That is so cute! I was just laughing while I was reading this and Andy asked what was so funny and So I read him your blog while he did the dishes (I know, lucky girl huh?)and he laughed and said "That's SO cute!

We need to get together soon :)

Ashlee Garn said...

HA HA HA HA! Bless him to get to Heaven is right!! Oh my goodness that is HILARIOUS! P.S. I didn't say who the photo's were and I've already had like 4 people say "I love the pictures of Cassie!!" Have you been telling people? :)

yettie/jessie said...

i loved this so funny my kids need to pray for there dad more.

Laurie said...

Hahaha Sass..I love it! So cute! I was laughing out loud reading it...By the way, I think your tummy shots turned out soo good!

Trieste said...

I love this post...I love little kids' prayers, they are the best! Hey, about the fire station field trip, you just call the fire station near you and talk to them, they are pretty easy to plan. I looked up the phone number for ours online. It was so much fun for the kids and the fire figthers were so nice and let the kids do a lot of fun things.